Friday, September 9, 2011

Tired


*I tried to put photos on this blog, but the system is not letting me. Sorry everyone*
Psalms 109:21-25
 21 But You, O GOD the Lord,
         Deal with me for Your name’s sake;
         Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
 22 For I am poor and needy,
         And my heart is wounded within me.
 23 I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;
         I am shaken off like a locust.
 24 My knees are weak through fasting,
         And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
 25 I also have become a reproach to them;
         When they look at me, they shake their heads.


Knowing what I want to write about, I can not seem to find a way to open this Blog. As I was searching the Bible for verses to open with, I actually found verses that pertain to my topic but they more so contribute to my life in this very moment...  the last two weeks have been very wearing and tiresome. I have been having trouble sleeping at night, and had trouble waking up in the morning due to lack of sleep. But yet I still found time to press on in my outreach. The two verses I had come across were more than words on paper they were and are my life.

       Job 4:2-6  
2 “If one attempts a word with you, will you become weary?
 But who can withhold himself from speaking?  3 Surely you have instructed many,
And you have strengthened weak hands.  4 Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have strengthened the feeble knees; 5 But now it comes upon you, and you are weary; It touches you, and you are troubled.  6 Is not your reverence your confidence?  And the integrity of your ways your hope?



This verse is my life... The bible and all within the pages seem to be more real here in Africa. I guess that is cause back home I do not have the interactions like the ones I have here in Sierra Leone.
Arms that can be engulfed by my hands, bones that feel like glass beneath my hands, skin as gorgeous as diamonds, but as dry as a desert lacking rain. That is Africa.


Meet Manjia Sesay, my friend.




Manjia Sesay a 79 year old a woman who has an amazing story. She has been blind for over 5 years and now has the chance to see the world in a whole new setting. At 79 years old Manjia was shunned from her village and mocked for being blind. People would say. "Oh! Make way for the blind woman" everyone would say that and yell it to her, mocking her. Manjia's response would be this "Do not mock me for this is the way God has made me. You mock me you are mocking God." That is what I call a response, and of course that response did not deter people. They started to add on to the saying. "Crazy blind woman" but that never stopped Manjia from giving the response every time. Manjia is a petite young woman, when I say petite I mean petite. I can take my hand and wrap it around her upper arm almost twice. As I wrapped the blood pressure cuff around her arm and started to inflate the cuff to the prescribed 180mm/Hg. for every 10-20 millimeters of mercury haemoglobin pumped, I was afraid I was going to crush her arm. Her bones had felt as if they where glass beneath my bouldering hands, her skin was worn and worked from decades of work in the African sun from picking rice. This Ma’ is my role model she has a sharp personality and a keen style. She had also taught me a little about British football, telling me about all the teams and the best players. I can not wait till after her surgery to see her face when she is able to see. It will be a site worth seeing when I see her face and she sees mine and the surroundings for the first time in years.

As my journey in Sierra Leone comes to an end, my story will carry on. I have big dreams for the next few years. Dreams that will carry on or so I pray will. I have the opportunity to come back and serve with the Mercy Ships in Togo West Africa next year. I have been praying about coming back and I would like everyone to pray as well. For this is what I was called to do when I was ten years old. Being here is like a dream it all feels like déjà to me.

"In a thousand different ways, by joys, by suffering, by ease, by loss, now touching us softly as a slender reed, now plunging us in some furnace of adversity, God is moulding and tempering our souls to the pattern of the perfect life"   -C.J Perry.

The truth that courses through out that quote is love of God for us. God would not do what He is doing in our lives today if He did not love us. Even though it seems He is hurting us sometimes, the out come of life is more pleasant in the end. The only love in the world for us is Gods love. Other than that love is undefined. There is no definition that can explain it and no one person that can tell you what love pertains of.  Love is a mystery but the only true love is from God.


My time here in Sierra Leone is coming to an end… For now!

No comments:

Post a Comment