Thursday, September 22, 2011

I was not in an editing mood for this blog. So sorry in advance.









What would it feel like if Gods grace did pour over us like rain? Let’s revert briefly to one of my other posts. I had posted a quote that went like this.

” What if Gods grace where to pour down like rain? Dripping with your grace oh Lord, I stand and worship you.”
Well what if I could tell you I knew what that feels like? What if I told you, you know what it feels like?

Today was one of the rougher days I have had here in Sierra Leone. Sad, depressing, heart wrenching, all of my emotions came together and came out in anger. So for a good majority of the day I did not talk to anyone really. Except for my patients. And I love talking to the patients even when they do not understand me, I still enjoy it. They just make me so happy. But that was half my day the other half was filled with sitting in front of a computer screen. Giving the inatiment screen looks of confusion, and the patient charts as well. Trying to decrypt the doctors writing, entering the information into the database, and scanning the entirety of the chart into the system as well. This is a very time consuming job. The more I sat at my desk and argued with thoughts of what a word could be, or if it even was a word, I became restless. When I get restless, I get very edgy or hyper. Sadly it was not the hyper mood today. Getting to the edge of my mental capacity one of my coworkers (Rosie) came up and was talking to me. She was telling me about this family and an amazing story (I will post this soon so I can not spoil it) and asked if I would like to participate in something for this family. And of course I jumped out of my chair and quickly answered with a "YES!" Like I said this story will come in time, so be patient as I am having to as well. So I had told Rosie that this was what I need to turn my day around. And she had said "well good I’m glad... Hey do you want to come on an adventure with me after work at 5." I replied "I would love to... if I get off in time." Rosie said "well meet me at reception at 5 if you can come." I was determined to get off at 5. Even if that ment leaving some of my work from today for tomorrow, and yes that is exactly what I had to do.

The past few days I have been so wrapped up in my work I forgot my whole purpose. Work became more like work, than something I had enjoyed. I have not let work become like that to me until this week, sad but true. So let’s just say I was out of perspective. And this adventure was one to be sure to put me back in the game for God. I have noticed over here if I lose sight of God for the smallest amount of time. I get insanely tired and weak; I just end up feeling over worked... Interesting little thought wanted to share with you all.

Back to the storie... I met Rosie up at reception and 1700hr. It was raining out side, and we had met up with several other people. We decided to still go on this adventure because it was only sprinkling. All the sudden it starts to rain, then pour, then drench. (yes I said drench that comes after pour) despite the drenching we had carried on this little adventure we had. Rain could not stop us. As we where walking I had an amazing thought. The wetter one gets fully clothed the harder it is to move. And the more energy it takes to move. (I’m sure we all have experienced this.) That was not my thought by the way but if you have not felt this then  do what is said next. If not jump into a pool or take a shower in heavy jeans, t-shirt, and running shoes, after go walk a mile. Don’t forget it is drenching the whole way.
Now you get use to it after a while put you still notice the exerted energy leaving your body. So anyways. Here is the thought. I was thinking this is like Gods grace on everyone in the entirety of the earth. We have all felt his grace pour on us. Mater of fact it is pouring over you right now, it is pouring over everyone. We are just so use to how it feels we do not notice it in our lives.

As we continued to walk towards our adventure, we soon arrived at this so called compound. Where one of the local volunteers on the ship lives. He invited us into his house and was very hospitably. Here is where I start to get back on track. This man named Pabalani's house was as big as my room back home. No I take it back my room at home is larger than his house. Funny thing is the colors are the same as my room. This is what I needed to see, this is what I wanted to see. Here I was sitting on a small wooden chair in the corner listening to the conversations being exchanged. Pabalani works on the ship 40+ hours a week, works at a good news slum church, and runs a school for kids that need help. How amazing is he, he gives all his earnings away, cause he has a heart for God, of God, from God.
What more can I say?
We have so many opportunities in our lives to help others, spread the word of God, and just be encouraging. But how many times a day do we take action on all of the happenings around? This is where Gods grace comes in, we are still alive right? If you are reading this I’m sure you are. We have a lot of what we want, a lot of things we do not need, and a lot of what we do not deserve.

Gods grace is the same for everyone; he has saved us all and given us all life. What more can we want or ask for? Seriously be thankful for this amazing gift you have. Notice the wear of grace on you, notice that it has always been upon you. We are just so use to living with it on us we forget about the amazing grace we have found. Or should I say the amazing grace that has founded us? Find it and just hold it do not let it go to the weigh side of life.

The walk back to the ship was amazing. It had stopped raining for 10 min while we where getting ready to leave. As soon as we said a prayer it poured down rain, and did so the whole walk back. I guess it was God saying, LOOK MY GRACE IS UPON YOU DO NOT BE ANGRY OR OVER WORKED just rest in me.

Psalms 45:2 hebrew
12:28 hebrews 13:6













No comments:

Post a Comment