Thursday, June 16, 2011

Not 1, Not 2, But three haunting questions! Actualy maybe 1,001!!!

One thing I have noticed for the few weeks I have been here in Sierra Leone, is that I have at least 5 questions a day that lack an answer. The three that stick in my head every day are.
1.) How should this mission trip feel?
  -I mean I ask people, and it is always a different answer. What answer is the right is the right one, or is there really a right answer?
2.) Am I doing everything physically possible to please God?
  - I have come to the conclusion that one can only do what one can do. But should I be doing more?
3.) Is my focus in the proper area?
  -That is as simple as can be!
Okay that was not three questions it was more like a total of 5. But most questions can be answered by a question, which in the proper context can lead to another question. The problem with most questions is that they can leave one feeling convicted. (well so I think) But then again maybe that is all part of the plan! Gods plan that is... But the conviction I have experienced here IS a good conviction, cause  it has shown me things I need to change in order to learn what I'm suppose to learn! This has helped me answer some of the questions I have had, not all of them but most of them. Some questions still linger in the air around me like the three above. some times I think they are answered and then I notice they are not even close to being answered. It is amazing out here and amazing to see how much God is moving in Sierra Leone amongst the people. But at the same time it is amazing to see how the devil is working in the same are not even a foot away.

Story Time...
Last night me and a group of people where driving across town in two of the Mercy Ships Rang Rovers. We where stuck in stopped traffic for most of the ride. The windows where down it was 1930 (730 pm) Dark and lots of traffic.  In Sierra Leone everyone either drivers or walks. there was this gentlemen that had come up to the window of the car rambling something, who knows what it was. It was not Temmne, or Krio or any of the other languages that are spoken here. It was a very unique language. Both rang rovers caught in traffic as the one I was in sat two car links behind the first. this man was walking back and forth between the two saying things only to us. I looked in his eyes and I saw something. (my job over here is nothing but looking into people eyes.) This man did not have any medical eye problems. He had mentally something in his eyes, I have never seen anything like it before. the only words I can use to describe it would be, Pain, and anguish. that is what I had felt when I looked into them. Wat was he saying still? I have no clue nor does anyone else that was in the two Rang Rovers. I just got this feeling that he was not a person... as we finally started moving he stood in the center of the street. Arms crossed over his tall lengthy body staring at the two Mercy Ships vehicles with a look of anger,rage and fierceness. Who was he? What was he? Was he what I think he was? or was he simply just a person? I may never know.

Okay  now some pictures for you all! Thank you all so much for your prayers and support it means allot to me. I love you all Enjoy!
Lungi Airport

Front of airport



People I get to see and help

One of the vehicles I get to drive =D

Small part of Sierra Leone.

This is my office two to three days out of the week.
to the left is a small desk and I see everyone before Surgery.


I'm trying to take as many pictures as possible, but it is really hard to when the country has been over exploited. People have hit my camera out of my hands and told me not to take snaps (pictures). So I will try for some more candid shots. And I cant take them in the hospital with out proper clearance due to HIPPA regulations. Well hope you all enjoyed keep an eye out for a new post.
!May God bless you in all things!


All thoughts expressed are the thoughts of the writer and not of the Mercy Ships.
Independent Blog


 

No comments:

Post a Comment