Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You can stay Hungry for 10 min, but the kids in Africa stay hungry for days.

Hello everyone, i have just received my final paper work for the Africa Mercy Ship. Time is going by so fast now that everything is coming into place. Well all the easy stuff that is, the hard part still remains. The hard part I'm talking about is the support i need in order to; eat safe and healthy food, have a safe place to sleep, and have proper equipment for the duties I will perform. As well as Emergency money, and personal expenses. (Laundry, toiletries, snacks etc...) I know times are tough but anything well help. Anything from 3 quarters to $300.00

I will need a total $5,700.00 for this missions trip. Keep in mind I'm not paying $5,700 for a vacation! I'm paying to work for God. An average American spends $45-$75 on fast food a month, $15-$30 a week on coffee, and over $100 on movies a year. It may not seem like a lot but that is a little bit over $1,400.00 a year. That equals out to,2 months for me in Africa.
I currently need:
$2,000.00 for my plane ticket.
$2,720.00 for room and board
$1,000.00 for emergency/personal. (for prescriptions, Emergency evacuation, laundry etc...)

So what I'm challenging you with is this. every time you are hungry, being on your way home from work or a day outing. Think I can just wait 10 min and make my self something at home. I'm not asking you do this all the time but just once a week. And place the money you saved in a jar or coffee can, and when ever you feel you have accomplished a set goal. Donate it to my missions trip. so that i may further expand the Kingdom of God. it is not just me that is going on this mission to spread Gods word, you will be also. for you wont physically be their but your heart will be.

The Mercy ship has great resources to donate. you can donate by going online (link soon to come) to a special link that will allow you to donate with a credit or debit card. you will receive a tax code for your donation, or i can send you a brochure that has the same code as the web site. Or you can mail your donation directly to me. Its up to you, either way I will be grateful for what I receive prayers and all. I leave June the 1st and will be back October 10th. I will still be accepting donations while I'm on the ship. Last note you can donate online once or have an automatic donation come out every month.
Thank you in advance for supporting me in Gods work.
Clinton Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment