Friday, April 8, 2011

1,185 Words of Sadness...

Is this what it is going to be like in Africa?
Monday April 3.
Today I went to Disney Land with my older sister, while we were enjoying our time something happened. I had received a text message from a friend Jamie, saying that she was in the hospital. First response, “are you ok? What’s wrong? I’m praying for you” typical response for any one tells us they are in the hospital right? Well she had told me they did not know what was wrong, I figured typical doctors. She had kept me informed throughout the day, wanting me to come and be with her.  I would have come right then and there, one problem I was in Anaheim at Disney Land and she was in Fallbrook.  I was being selfish you can say because I was not there for her and yes I admit I was sadly. I forgot to tell you she and I are very good friends, who have been through a lot together and I mean a lot. So I had continued on with my day and told her to keep me posted.
Tuesday April 4
I woke up and got ready for work, as I do every Tuesday. I had decided to text Jamie to see how she was. Several hours passed before a reply.  While I was at work she texted me saying “I really wish you could be here with me, I’m alright just really sick and can’t hold down food” I replied “I wish I could be their too. Can I come by after work? Have the doctors found anything out yet?” “Yes! You can come by after work I cannot wait to see you Clinton! And yes they said I have a severe kidney infection” I replied “awww that sucks I’m sorry well I will be by around 5.” I go to the hospital and see her lying in bed looking very sick. My heart quickly saddened for her. for I knew the discomfort she was in. for 2 years ago I was in the hospital for different reasons but knew the discomfort.  I had stayed with her for several hours and told her I would be back in the morning. I came back the next morning and stayed until I had to go to work. She was asleep when I had arrived so I prayed over her. I prayed in the car on the way to see her, and as I was walking to her room. She awoke after I had prayed for her, with a smile on her face. We talked for a while and she had no new news. As I left her room I had wished I could stay. Later that day she had asked if I could stay the night with her, and I had to check with my mom to make sure it was ok. Getting the all clear from my parents I proceeded with my day. After work I went to church played in the high school worship band and left to go stay the night with her. I arrived and her family was still with her, so we all gathered around her and prayed for her aloud. I wanted to cry, I wanted to cry every time I set eyes on her, even every time I said her name. For it was truly sad.  That night I got 20min of sleep making sure she was ok the whole night and making sure the nurse was keeping an eye on her. For Jamie was and is my best friend. Everything went well, minus some slight breathing problems that got resolved. I prayed so much that night, I had prayed more for her than anything in the world. I was on my knees once while she was asleep praying for her. She woke up and asked what I was doing and I told her I was praying she had asked me to pray aloud. That alone made me cry but I did so, as soon as I said amen she fell asleep once again.  From that moment 12:30 till 7:45am I had said so many prayers. One particular one at 3:00am it went like this.
               

Dear God
                ….. I have said prayer upon prayer tonight, hoping you will miraculously heal Jamie. She is only 21 years old and has so much more life to live, please take her pain suffering agony and worry away My Lord. I hate seeing her like this. I know you are there and do everything for a reason, whatever the reason take all the bad parts of this sickness away… She doesn’t need this right now and neither does her family. God please make this a miraculous recovery, and shock all that see Lord My God.”
The last part of that prayer was said over and over and over again. There was more to the prayer but this is all I could remember. This was a 45min prayer, The longest prayer I had ever said. 7 o’clock rolls around and she shoots up in bed with a smile on her not so sick looking face. And says can you take me on a wheel chair ride? I was shocked several hours ago she looked so very sick. What was going on? I took her on the ride, and had to leave shortly after so I could make it to work. I had left and told her to call me with the new update. I got a text instead, 45 min after I left. Before I opened the text I knew it was going to say “they have to keep me another night” cause she was so sick. I opened it and what did it say? Not that! It said “IM GOING HOME TODAY! THE TEST CAME BACK CLEAR!” that made my day for the whole day I was up for 36 hours with no sleep and having to go to work. I did not care, because she was better.
I could not help but to think is this how it is going to be in Africa? Emotional, stressful, wearisome? Will I be saying thousands of prayers, praying over thousands of people the same prayer I said for my friend? I wish I had that answer but all I know is it probably will be but more intense. If so am I ready for that? Will I get burnt out? Will I be sitting along a bed side crying and praying? I had all of a thousand questions and only two answers for them both being “I do not know” and “I better be prepared”. well one can say this was preparing me for what is to come with this Mercy Ship journey. But I can say it showed me prayer is the greatest answer man has ever gotten.  I know this wasn’t all about Africa but it was about a learning experience leading to Africa. Thank you God for listening and answering. Jamie I’m glad you are home and safe. To everyone out reading this Prayer is strong! Prayer is the strongest answer man has.

No comments:

Post a Comment