Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Start

Hi my name is Clinton Thompson and I am an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician). I graduated my class June of 2010 with an EMT National Registry License. On January 4th I had submitted an application to the Mercy Ships. After filling out nearly 64 applications in 7 months for Ambulance companies and Hospitals. It was impossible to find a job at the age of 19 for not very many companies could afford insurance for a 19 year old. Let alone most of them where skeptical that a 19 year old had a license for medical practice. So after being rejected time after time, I had prayed to God and told him I would not fill out any applications till January.
 January rolls around and the first application i had submitted was for the Mercy Ships. two weeks passed and the mercy ship approved my application and cleared it for a medical EMT position. which was a miracle cause in the opening letter of the application it stated time and time again "All medical positions have to have two years medical experience prior to the mercy ships."  I had thought their was a mistake with clearing me for that position so i let Human Resources know. They had replied back promptly reassuring me that they really liked my application and letters. So i took the position with out hesitation. I will be embarking on a journey to Sierra Leone Africa June 3rd 2011.

The position is for the Eye Team Medical Reviewer. Duties I will perform will all be done in a field setting. Meaning going out and finding people in need of medical attention. I will be giving physical assessments eye assessments and clearing patients for surgery. As well as provide proper medication and teachings of God to the people of Africa. Working 5 days a week 12 hour shifts. I'm very eager to get over seas to preach, help treat medical problems, and just have a fun life changing time.

The only short fall is that i need...
$2,507.00 for a plane ticket
$4,640.00 For room and board
and money for my medical equipment and travel items.
i will have info if you would like to help up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment